A Day with Jake Peavy Raffle
Entry Deadline: 11:00 AM ET on Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Drawing Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012
- Winner and 3 guests will enjoy all 3 games of the White Sox home series against the Cubs (1 game from a luxury suite, 2 games from field level seats) on Monday June 18th, Tuesday June 19th and Wednesday June 20th
- Winner and 3 guests will join 2 time All Star and NL Cy Young award winner Jake Peavy on the field to meet his teammates and watch batting practice (on a non-pitching game day)
- Winner and 3 guests will join Jake Peavy for a private lunch at one of his favorite Chicago restaurants
- Winner will receive an autographed Jake Peavy jersey and each guest will receive an autographed Jake Peavy photo
- Winner and 3 guests will receive 3 nights hotel accommodations (family suite or 2 rooms, double occupancy)
- Winner will receive an expense allowance of $500 for meals, ground transportation and other expenses
- Winner will receive a travel allowance (subject to CFC’s travel policy) of up to $2,000
- Winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of $2,992.50 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($2,520.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($472.50). The actual amount awarded may be adjusted proportionally based on the value of the actual prizes received.
Proceeds Benefit: The Jake Peavy Foundation & Pancreatic Cancer Research - In Honor of Darrel Akerfelds, Coach, San Diego Padres
The Jake Peavy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) national non-profit that believes attitude is everything, there's power in unity, and together we can provide ‘real hope for real people’ facing life's biggest challenges. The Jake Peavy Foundation supports groundbreaking research, essential programs and activities, and offers a touch of "soul shine" to enrich lives and lift spirits.
netRaffle.org is a patented business model designed to provide Fans access to "Never in Lifetime type Prizes" while helping celebrities to raise funds to support their charitable causes. Direct expenses amount to approximately 8.5% of the minimum $10.00 transaction and 5% of the $25.00 average transaction. Leaving between 86.5 and 90% for charity after the 5% Massachusetts Charitable Gaming Tax is paid.
Also, for your peace of mind, rest assured that CFC uses PCI compliant state of the art security, including secure routers, to process your transaction and does not store any of your confidential credit card information so that your transactions are fully secure.
While this experience of a lifetime is priceless, the fair market value of the tangible prizes (e.g., as applicable in any given raffle, hotel, travel, meals, tickets, taxes, etc.) is $9,000.00. Also, Winner will be notified and does not need to be present at the drawing to Win.