Band of Brothers AFC Divisional Playoff Raffle - Patriots vs Jets
Entry Deadline: 11:00 AM ET on Thursday, January 13, 2011
Drawing Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011
- Winner and guest will enjoy 2 tickets to the AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium where the N.E. Patriots will take on the (TBD); (January 16, 2011, Kickoff at 4:30 PM)
- Winner and guest will enjoy 2 pregame field passes to game (Valid only for pregame access to the above referenced game)
- Winner will receive 1 night hotel accomodations at the Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel (January 16, 2011, single room, double occupancy)
- Winner will receive 2 round trip coach ticket vouchers on Southwest Airlines (Valid for one year from date of issue)
- Winner will receive a $250 allowance for ground transportation and other expenses
- Winner will receive a football autographed by NFL Hall of Fame Guard and Patriots Legend John Hannah
- Winner will recieve a photo autographed by New York Jets Quarterback, Mark Sanchez
- Winner will receive a Band of Brothers baseball bat autographed by legendary Easy Company veterans Wild Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron
- Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $605.00 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($600.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($105)
Proceeds Benefit: Richard Winters Leadership Project
Sadly, 92 year old Major Richard Winters (Retired) passed away on Sunday, January 2, 2011. With the success of HBO's "Band of Brothers", then Lt. Richard Winters became the face of the young officer corps that hit the beaches of Normandy and fought on D Day. Similarly, and also as a result of the HBO Series, the men of Easy Company became the faces of the thousands of American enlisted men who fought that same day and through the remainder of the war in Europe. The men of Easy Company, who themselves are not much younger than Major Winters, had hoped to honor him, and the many officers and enlisted men who fought along side them that day, while Major Winters was still alive. Now, the Richard Winters Leadership Project, which was authorized by Major Winters and his family, will stand as a final tribute to all of the officers and men who fought on D Day. The project calls for a modest statue of Lt. Winters in Normandy that will honor all of the officers that lead the troops on D Day, with a list of all of the Military Divisions that partcipated in the battle inscribed in the base of the statue to account for and honor all the men who served America on D Day. The people of France have generously donated the land for the statue and are paying for many of the costs associated with construction. Easy Company just needs to raise the funds for the statue itself. If you would like to join the men of Easy Company in honoring Major Winters and the many officers and enlisted men who fought on D Day, please enter the raffle and in turn you could be enjoying a great AFC Playoff Series Experience.
netRaffle.org is a patented business model designed to provide Fans access to "Never in Lifetime type Prizes" while helping celebrities to raise funds to support their charitable causes. Direct expenses amount to approximately 8.5% of the minimum $10.00 transaction and 5% of the $25.00 average transaction. Leaving between 86.5 and 90% for charity after the 5% Massachusetts Charitable Gaming Tax is paid.
Also, for your peace of mind, rest assured that CFC uses PCI compliant state of the art security, including secure routers, to process your transaction and does not store any of your confidential credit card information so that your transactions are fully secure.
While this experience of a lifetime is priceless, the fair market value of the tangible prizes (e.g., as applicable in any given raffle, hotel, travel, meals, tickets, taxes, etc.) is $2,000.00. Also, Winner will be notified and does not need to be present at the drawing to Win.